Friday, June 6, 2008

"The World of Models"

As a professional model and a inspiring designer. I DeVon Drakkar Lane Simmons known as DDLS decided to create this blog site to help those inspiring models; also those who may have questions about the fashion industry from a different point of view. From day to day bases I will try my hardest to keep this blog site fresh with new answers to your problems and also ways on how to get started in the industry. From time to time, I may decide to change the subjects. One day I may decide to blog about designers, models, music, celeb's, beauty secrets and also fitness workouts. At the end of the day this blog site is still based on "The World of Models"

Thank you bloggers

DeVon Drakkar Lane Simmons
DDLS




P.S.
Spread the word

2 comments:

Rob17 said...

I have a questions for you, I'm a aspiring model as well, and its good to know that there is other black male models in the industry, the question I have is, how did you go about getting yourself into the industry, or getting signed into a agency?

DDLS said...

Well, first of all I would like to apologize for getting back to you kind of late. I started modeling my senior year in high school. I found this modeling school and they helped me build confidence and self-esteem for myself. With the school I did my first actual photo shoot and got a amazing portfolio back, thats how I knew i was ment to be a model. So then at the same time I got accepted to "The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising" (FIDM) the Los Angeles campus. While I was in LA. I shopped around and got turned down a lot. At the same time I've also been networking my but off. But I came across this photographer that introduced me to his friend which is Matthew Mitchell. He is a really great fashion photographer in LA. But then from there I was signed with this agency that really was not representing me right. Well, at the same time things was going bad so then I had to move back home. So before I moved back home I sent in my portfolio to FORD RBA and it was history from there. So basically the main thing I could tell you is to be smart and network. Make sure you are mentally ready for the negative and the positive. Make sure you go with your gut feelin. Think about the pro's and con's. Make sure when you commit, to commit 110percent. Also be a go-getter because things will not get done on their own. Now, what you could do is check out the modeling agencies in your area and do research on the agencies and look to see when they have open casting calls. Or another step you can do is send in five images of you. Most likely the best polaroids or the best looks from your portfolio. You will need: full body shot, 3/4 body shot, 1/2 body shot, and a posing shot. If, you follow those steps along with praying then I am you will have a greater chance then other. That is what I did... I hope I helped you out...

Thanks
DeVon Drakkar Lane Simmons
DDLS

"Your swagger is the key to leadership"


Spread the word...